Teen Programming has started back up at the Mancos Public Library! As we meet and gather together this year, I have some things I would like Teens to keep in mind when joining a program here at the library.
A mask friendly event: To maintain the safety of our patrons and staff, the Mancos Public Library requires the wearing of face masks for all patrons, 2 years old and over, while attending indoor or outdoor group library programs. Patrons unable or unwilling to wear a mask will be asked to make reasonable accommodations to maintain at least 6 feet of separation between themselves and the rest of the group. If you do not have a mask we can provide you one.
A distancing friendly event: CDC directives will be reflected in our seating arrangements assist with social distancing. We ask that people do their best to adhere to the 6 foot distancing required. If you are in someone’s “bubble” that you do not live with you should be wearing your mask.
Keeping materials clean: Handy wipes will be available to wipe down high touch areas and materials used during programs. Please, wipe down items after each use.
Monthly events: Every 1st and 3rd Friday Teen Gaming Night is on from 6 to 9pm! And in between on a Saturday we will have food and fun for Teen Café 6 to 8pm
TEEN NIGHTS @ MANCOS LIBRARY… A FEW RULES…
• Teen Nights are exclusively for teens 13 to 19 years old (this means no 12 year old and no 20 year old, only teens. If children or adults wish to find out more they are welcome to do so, but they may not come to “hang out” on these nights).
• All teens that show up must stay for a least an hour and there may be no running in and out of the library (This means, come to stay not just come to grab snacks that are made available for those who want to participate in these events).
During Teen Gaming Night (the 1st and 3rd Friday each month from 6-9pm)
- If all game systems or game tables are in use, a teen may reserve the next available station (This means that since Teen Game Night is 3 hours long, switching systems every hour gives everyone a chance to play. Fairness is something we should already know).
- Games must remain at the librarian’s station until you intend to play and when you are done playing, please, return game to case and bring back to the librarian.
During Teen Café (every Saturday between the weeks Teen Game Nights are held from 6-8pm)
- Teen Café is always changing! But we will always have food!
- Sometimes, we will do Book Tastings or a Movie, other times, Trivia, Time Challenges, Crafting, Laughter Workshops, or we may even have a discussion on current events.
- You, teens, will have a voice in deciding what we do each month.
During Teen Movie Night (occasionally happens for Teen Café or during other town events)
- Movies are not always 2 hours long, therefore, the remainder of the time spent at Teen Movie Night is filled with anime or short videos that the teens select.
- No movie shown, nor any “filler video” shared, at Teen Movie Night will be rated higher than PG-13 or TV-14.
During Teen Lounge (occasionally happens for special times of year)
- Teen Lounge is simply a time when you can hang out in the meeting room and chat, work, read, or whatever!
- Jenni, I, Me… will be available for any questions, school help, college information, library help, to hear your ideas, or just chat!
Be Responsible and Respectful of All Participants…
Most Importantly, Have Fun!!!